Friday, April 26, 2013

Movies in my 'Hood

Orange traffic cones showed up in force yesterday in my 'hood, blocking the access to at least 40-50 prime parking places.  It's actually quite impressive.  Why you ask?  Because everyone either just runs over the cones or moves them in order to park in the blocked off spaces.  France!  I love it!  

The reason for the cones showed up overnight with the arrival of this.  
 
From the Studio-Phil website I figured out that these are mobile film trailers for hire.  The one above seems to be costumes and hair and makeup.

As the day went on at least 8 more trucks of various sizes started showing up.  One has two dressing rooms labeled with the names "Diego" and "Elsa," and when a curious schoolgirl went up to the door a huge roadie jumped out of the cab and asked her what she was doing.  I couldn't really stop and stare at that point, so I didn't get to hear what she asked him.

By the smells coming out of this mobile catering truck everyone will be eating well tomorrow!  (Of course I managed to get the lady sweeping and not the two chefs cooking up a storm.)

One of the 4-5 trucks with gear and lights, and in the distance you can see a red cherry picker.  It had a couple of huge lights mounted on it.  

The no parking signs say the "event" will happen tomorrow from 8h00 to 20h00.  I'm excited to see what the event is!

Oh, and I'm secretly hoping that "Diego" is Jeremy Renner and "Elsa" is Rachel Weisz.  (I watched The Bourne Legacy last night.)

I'll keep you posted!  And if you haven't followed me on Twitter yet, now's the time!  @parisreally


No comments: